April 2023 Network Changes
8 months ago
From April 2023 we're making some changes to our networks in Essex and the East Midlands including the launch of several new routes. Details of these changes are listed below:
Essex - From Monday 17th April
Following the withdrawal of Arriva service 86, our own service 505 will be expanded, under contract to Essex County Council, to provide a direct replacement for the withdrawn 86 journeys. Buses will operate between Waltham Cross and Harlow via Waltham Abbey and Nazeing. There's no changes to the route or timetable but there will be some changes to fares.
East Midlands - From Sunday 16th April
There will be changes to our departure stands at Leicester St Margarets Bus Station. Most buses will depart from Bay SR opposite the information desk. Journeys before 7am on Sundays only will use Bay SA at the far end of the Bus Station.
We're delighted to be taking over operation of service 90 between Newark and Nottingham. Here's a summary of the new service:
- Buses will operate 7 days a week throughout the year (no service on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Day).
- All journeys are rerouted via Bingham serving the new Romans Quarter, the Market Place (providing faster Bingham-Newark links) and Tithby Hill.
- Buses will generally operate hourly from approximately 0600-2000 Monday-Saturday with a small number of later evening journeys. On weekdays a small number of extra journeys will operate at peak times.
- A small number of Monday-Saturday peak time journeys are extended beyond Newark to serve Balderton and Fernwood. These journeys will be numbered 90C and are provided with support from Nottinghamshire County Council.
- On Sundays 4 return journeys will operate in each direction with an additional morning journey from Bingham to Newark and an additional early evening journey from Newark to Radcliffe.
- After the morning peak on weekdays and towards the end of the day some journeys will terminate short in Bingham or Radcliffe. These journeys will be numbered 90B.
- On Monday-Saturday evenings most journeys will operate between Bingham and Newark only, however guaranteed through connections will be available in Bingham via Service 92 for journeys to/from Nottingham.
- In Newark buses will initially depart from Lombard Street due to accessibility concerns at Newark Bus Station. We are working with Nottinghamshire County Council to address this.
- In Nottingham buses will generally arrive and depart from the new Broadmarsh Bus Station. However journeys after 1900 Monday-Saturday will extend to the Old Market Square and use stop B1 on Beastmarket Hill.
A revised and expanded route will predominantly provide evening links from Bingham Romans Quarter through to Bingham Market Place and then on Nottingham via Langar, Cropwell Bishop and Cotgrave.
Here's a summary of the revised service:
- Buses will operate from Monday to Saturday. Weekday evening buses will operate generally hourly in each direction with a reduced number of journeys on a Saturday.
- Buses will loop around Cotgrave providing links lost with the recent reductions to Trent Bartons 'theCotgrave'. Buses will depart from the same stop (B1) in the Old Market Square
- Buses will serve Hollygate Park and Cropwell Bishop providing an evening link after NottsBus 33 has finished operating.
- Most buses will provide a guaranteed through connection in Bingham to/from Newark via Service 90.
- On weekdays a small number of short journeys will operate within Bingham only. These journeys will provide additional links from the new Romans Quarter to the Market Place. One journey in each direction will also offer a guaranteed through connection to Service 93 providing a peak time link from Romans Quarter to Grantham.
All journeys to/from Grantham are rerouted between Bottesford and Barrowby Gate via Sedgebrook to provide a replacement for Centrebus 6 which will no longer serve the village. A revised timetable is in place as a result:
- Buses towards Grantham will run 1 minute later than at present from all stops in Barrowby Gate.
- Buses towards Bingham will run 2 minutes later than at present from all stops between Bottesford and Bingham.
- Guaranteed through connections will be available between Service 92/93 on weekday peak time journeys providing through links from Romans Quarter to/from Bottesford and Grantham.
There is a minor revision to the timetable on all days as follows:
- The 0651 ex Wychwood Road on weekdays will operate 5 minutes later throughout departing at 0656.
- The 1523 ex Bingham Market Place on weekdays will operate 5 minutes later throughout departing at 1528.
- The 1743 ex Bingham Market Place on weekdays will operate 5 minutes earlier throughout departing at 1738.
- The 0748 ex Wychwood Road on Saturdays will operate 2 minutes later throughout departing at 0750.
East Midlands - From Sunday 23rd April
We're launching a new limited Sunday only service between Loughborough and Leicester via Quorn, Barrow, Sileby and Cossington. One return trip will operate each week departing Loughborough at 0910 (arriving Leicester at 0955), returning from Leicester at 1900.
We're taking over the operation of the Sunday service 20 in Leicester from Roberts who have announced they will no longer be running the route. This is under contract to Leicester City Council. Here's a summary of the service:
- Buses will operate hourly from 1020-1820 between the City and Blackmore Drive in Braunstone.
- An additional evening return is added from Blackmore Drive at 1841.
- Fares will largely be the same as the Monday-Saturday Centrebus service, with singles capped at £2 until June 30th. Centrebus season passes will be accepted, but not sold, on the Sunday service.
We're taking over the operation of the Sunday service 21 in Leicester from Roberts who have announced they will no longer be running the route. This is under contract to Leicester City Council. Here's a summary of the service:
- Buses will operate hourly from 1000-1800 between the City and St Matthews Estate (Kashmir Road).
- All journeys are extended in both directions from Haymarket Bus Station to St Margaret's Bus Station.