Central Connect - January 2024 Service Change
2 months ago
We're making changes to some of our Central Connect services from January 2024. These will happen in two phases on the 2nd and 8th January. Details of the changes is outlined below:
Service 25 (25B) / Harlow > Stanstead Abbotts > Hoddesdon > Cheshunt, Brookfield Centre
From Tuesday 2nd January service 410 will be renumbered 25 and will operate to an enhanced timetable. We're also introducing brand new buses on the route. A summary of the timetable changes are shown here:
- An additional journey will operate each morning from Harlow providing an earlier arrival into the Brookfield Centre.
- Most morning and evening journeys will operate to revised timetable with additional running time provided to improve reliability.
- On weekdays buses will operate later into the evening between Harlow and Broxbourne Station / Hoddesdon.
Journeys terminating in Broxbourne or Hoddesdon will show 25B.
Service 35 (35B, 35C) / Hertford > Ware > Stanstead Abbotts > Widford > Bishop's Stortford
From Monday 8th January service 351 will be renumbered 35 and will operate to an enhanced timetable. A summary of the timetable changes are shown here:
- A revised timetable is introduced throughout the day with additional running provided on some journeys to improve reliability. Within Bishop's Stortford town centre all journeys will follow the same route.
- A number of short journeys are introduced at the start and end of each day to provide additional travel opportunities between Stanstead Abbotts and Hertford.
- Between Hertford & Ware, journeys have been aligned with Services 383 & 384 to remove duplication between the services.
Journeys terminating in Stanstead Abbotts will show 35B.
Journeys extending within Bishop's Stortford to serve Birchwood School will show 35C.
Service 383/384 / Hertford > Ware > Stanstead Abbotts > Tonwell > Stevenage
From Monday 8th January servicess 383 & 384 will operate to a revised timetable. A summary of the timetable changes are shown here:
- Journeys on both routes are co-ordinated to provide a common frequency between Hertford and Tonwell.
- Between Hertford & Ware, journeys have been aligned with Service 35 (previously 351) to remove duplication between the services.
- Service 383 will now serve Aston all journeys. In addition on Saturdays an earlier bus will operate from Watton towards Stevenage via Aston and a later bus will return from Stevenage towards Watton via Aston.
- The Friday only extension of Service 383 from Corey's Mill in Stevenage is withdrawn.
Service 386 / Bishop's Stortford > Buntingford > Stevenage
From Monday 8th January services 386 will operate to a slightly revised timetable. On schooldays the 1545 from Birchwood School towards Stevenage will depart at 1530 and will run up to 15 minutes earlier from all stops along the route.
H is for Hertford
From Monday 8th January services H1-H4 and 333 within Hertford town will be relaunched as an integrated network of town shuttles numbered H1-H6.
We'll be introducing specially branded vehicles to operate these services. A simpler flat fare structure will also be introduced with a Hertford Day Ticket valid across the town network (including Services 35, 383 & 384).
Note: all routes will be revised to run from Stop 1 at Hertford Bus Station
Here's a summary of the new town network:
H1 to Pinehurst
Buses will generally operate hourly to/from Pinehurst between 7am and 6pm Monday-Saturday. Weekday peak time journeys will extend from the Town Centre to/from Hertford North Station.
H2 to Campfield Road
Buses will generally operate hourly to/from Hertford North Station and Campfield Road during daytime hours Monday to Saturday. Some journeys have been given additional running time to improve reliability. We're also introducing a small number of Sunday journeys!
H3 to Horns Mill
Buses will generally operate hourly to/from Mandeville Road in Horns Mill during daytime hours Monday to Saturday. Some journeys have been given additional running time to improve reliability.
H4 to Horns Mill
Buses will generally operate hourly to/from Purkiss Road in Horns Mill between 7am and 6pm Monday to Saturday. Some journeys have been given additional running time to improve reliability. On Sundays some journeys are withdrawn due to low usage.
H5 & H6 to Bengeo
Replacing service 333, weekday daytime buses will operate hourly to Parker Avenue (H5) and Bengeo Shops (H6). At peak times and on Saturdays and Sundays buses will continue to serve both estates as a single loop with these journeys also numbered H6.