Central Connect Service Change - 30th October
1 month ago
From Monday 30th October we are making changes to Central Connect services SB6 & 84B. A summary of these changes is shown below.
Two additional journeys will operate on weekdays to extend the length of the current service day and provide improved travel opportunities for passengers. The new journeys will run at:
- 0607 from Stevenage, arriving back at 0640
- 1847 from Stevenage, arriving back at 1920
A revised route and timetable will be introduced on all days to improve reliability and provide more suitable journey times for workers at Barnet Hospital.
Buses from Potters Bar towards Barnet Hospital will follow the existing route, however buses from Barnet Hospital back to Potters Bar will no longer serve High Barnet Station or Underhill, instead operating direct from the Hospital back to Barnet High Street.
Summary of Timetable changes:
- Weekday morning peak journeys (pre 9am) will operate 15-20 minutes earlier throughout.
- Weekday late afternoon & evening journeys (after 1400) will operate between 20-40 minutes later with evening buses now generally running every 70 minutes.
- On Saturday mornings the first two trips from Potters Bar will operate 40 minutes earlier at 0645 & 0745 respectively.
We'll also be introducing revised and simplified fares on Service 84B. A summary of the changes is shown below:
- Flat fare singles will be in place (with a local rate available for journeys wholly within Barnet or Potters Bar).
- Return tickets are withdrawn and replaced with an All Day ticket priced at £5.00 for adults and £3.70 for U19s.
- Week & Month tickets are introduced.
- All tickets will be available on board the bus or on the myTrip app with the exception of the local single which will be bus only, and the month ticket which will be myTrip only.