H is for Hertford
We are pleased to offer a dedicated brand of town shuttles operating in and around Hertford 7 days a week. Our new and enhanced town shuttle network was launched in January 2024 replacing route 333 to Bengeo with the H5 & H6 and incorporating the Pinehurst service into route H1.
All journeys nominally operate with environmentally friendly low-carbon certified Euro VI low-floor buses in a dedicated Town Shuttle livery (though our corporate branded buses may substitute on occasion).
Buses depart Hertford Bus Station every 10 minutes during the daytime providing an hourly service on each of the six routes covering the Pinehurst, Horns Mill, Campfield Road and Bengeo areas of the town.
Hertford Town Shuttle Routes
- H1 operates hourly to Pinehurst Mon-Sat daytimes. On weekdays, peak time journeys extend to/from Hertford North Station. Click here for the H1 timetable.
- H2 operates an hourly off-peak service to Campfield Road via Hertford North Station Mon-Sat daytimes with a limited Sunday service. Click here for the H2 timetable.
- H3 operates an hourly off-peak service to Horns Mill (Mandeville Road) Mon-Sat daytimes. Click here for the H3 timetable.
- H4 operates an hourly service to Horns Mill (Purkiss Road) Mon-Sat daytimes with a limited Sunday service. Click here for the H4 timetable.
- H5 operates an hourly off-peak service to Bengeo (Parker Avenue) on weekday daytimes. Click here for the H5 timetable.
- H6 operates an hourly off-peak service to Bengeo (Shops) on weekday daytimes. At peak times on weekdays buses operate up to every 30 minutes on this route and additionally serve the Parker Avenue estate within Bengeo. An hourly weekend service also operates serving both the Shops and Parker Avenue. Click here for the H6 timetable.
Hertford Town Shuttle Fares
A great value, simple, flat fare structure is in place on our Hertford Town shuttles as shown below, with discounts available for those under the age of 19*, even without a Savercard! As well as single tickets, we offer a day, week and month pass for those travelling regularly. Tickets can be purchased on the bus or from the myTrip app by Passenger.
Our town fares are also valid on the 35 (35B, 35C), 383 and 384 routes as far as the A10 flyover.
*Under-5s travel for free at all times, Under-19 discounts are available for those aged 5-18. From a passengers 19th Birthday onwards adult fares apply.
Tracking your Hertford Town Shuttle
As well as offering great value fares, the myTrip app by Passenger also allows our buses to be tracked in realtime, even without an account so you can always see where your bus is along the route.
Hertfordshire County Council - Intalink Partnership
Vectare are pleased to operate the Hertford Town network on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council who provide subsidy to ensure the services can serve their local communities and keep Hertford residents connected. These services form part of the greater Intalink Partnership.